20 Amazing facts about Science and Technology
Science and technology has change the world in great extent. To achieve this change and the development in science, scientist’s has taken lot of efforts by their inventions and for many decades. Some of the inventions in science has done by years of hard work and research, some of the inventions has done by creative ideas and some of the inventions has done by accidentally. Did you know some amazing facts about science and technological inventions?
Here are the some crazy and amazing facts
- Marie Curie was the first women who win the Nobel Prize and she was also the first person who won the Nobel price twice.
- Astronauts can’t cry in space because of zero Gravity.
- The circumference of the earth is about 25,000 mile ( about 38,000 to 42,000km), it’s surface area is about 200,000,000 square miles and it’s weight is about 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.
- The first computer mouse was introduced by Douglas Engelbart in 1968 at the fall joint computer expo in SanFransisco.
- A Diamond cannot get dissolve in acid. The only thing that can destroy it is intense heat.
- Apollo 11 was the fastest travelling rocket in the world. It has reach the top speed of 40,000mph. (18km/s).
- The first two video games that copyrighted in the U.S. were Asteroids and Linar Lander in 1980.
- Tim Berners-Lee have coin the phrase WWW ( World Wide Web ) in 1990.
- Most of the calculators used today (2016) are much faster than the world’s first computer.
- Einstein explain his theory of photoelectric effect which says it is the phenomenon by which electron are knocked out of matter by electromagnetic radiation. For this theory he received the Nobel Prize of physics.
- No one has received more U.S. patents than Thomas Edison. He have 1093 patents on his name.
- Thomas Edison’s birthday is celebrated as ‘Invention Day’ in the entire U.S.
- If you weights 60kg on earth then your weight on moon will be 10kg since moon have 1/6th of earths Gravity.
- There are more than 200 Billions of Stars and Planets in our galaxy and there more than 100 Billions of Galaxies in our universe.
- The number of Stars and Planet in our universe are more than the total number of sand dust (sand particles) on the earth.
- The first LASER was made in California in 1960.
- Telecommunication satellites and the other satellite need to maintain their position above the specific space on the earth, i.e. they require to travel 35,786km in the same direction of earth’s rotation.
- In the United States, 220 millions tons of old computer and other old electronic hardware devices are trashed each year.
- Today’s fastest fighter jet can travel at the speed of 3 mac which is 3 times faster than the velocity of sound.
- Japanese scientists have successfully tested the fastest bullet train in the world. This train reached the top speed of 603km/h. and it is the world record.